Black Ice is a rugged, weight-integrated, back inflation BCD designed
with the advanced diver in mind.
over nicely to many technical, military and public safety applications.
Despite its heavy duty construction, it provides amazing comfort, fit
and stability thanks to its Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.). Due
to the modular nature of this BC, a custom fit can be achieved through
any of the three sizes.
• Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.) – Using patented
swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the
Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents
the BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture
keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the
weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight
with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
• Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the
shoulders, as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be
achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
• SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) –
provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as
insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC.
Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the
• Dual channel weight pockets in front along with
non-ditchable weight pockets in back mean that all sizes can hold up to
42 lbs. (19kg)
• The Black Ice can be rigged for twin cylinders using the
optional twin cylinder kit.
• There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are
proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump
valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of
the Powerline inflator.
• The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest
inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has
integrated clips to keep the LP inflator hose tucked in securely.
• The air cell has several pass-throughs that allow easy air
transfer from left to right.
• A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the
sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and
• The air cell is constructed of rugged 840 denier nylon.
• The adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered. This
not only ensures a good fit but also keeps the strap from running
across top of a drysuit valve.
• The left pocket is a fold down design with deep capacity,
perfect for an extra mask.
• The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a
• Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap
which will accommodate many of the Aqua Lung Squeeze Lock knives. This
location provides easy access to the knife.
• Features five large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for
all of your accessories.
• Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping
• Rolled neck collar for comfort.